Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lake of Stars update coming soon, until then a sampling of pictures















So the order of these is totally messed up, but just a few pictures to give you an idea of my life the past few weeks (in case you haven't or can't look at all the pics on Facebook - they're much easier to load there for some reason...). To the left is the view from our campsite on Lake Malawi for the Lake of Stars music festival. Our tent collapsed in the wind the first day so I just slept outside. This was my morning view. Tough life. The right hand picture is on the drive back to Lilongwe. The view was too pretty, we had to stop and stretch our legs.

Before Lake of Stars I was at the refugee settlement Mayukwayukwa. Below are some pictures from my time there. I head out again on Tuesday October 26th until the 31st for a massive VCT football and netball tournament where we hope to test over 700 people!
GRS Graduates (left).

A village in Mayukwayukwa (below).














At the river before hopping in! (left)

The UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees) guest house - home sweet home for the week (right).


Oh and lastly, to add to the list of awesome names I mentioned last post (Loveness, Freeborn and Besana) I have one more that I came across today while writing certificates: Fatness. Yes, Fatness. Different connotations here versus at home, I would assume.

No comments:

Post a Comment