Thursday, December 16, 2010

Slowing down

Sitting in our office with a day and a half remaining before x-mas vacation, I announce, "I want to write a blogpost, but I don't know what about." These past four months have been such a whirlwind of adventures, certainly comprised of down-days and relaxed weeks, but most of it has whizzed by - nights melting into weeks streaming into days tumbling into months. These past two weeks, for the first time in a LONG time, I've been a little bored. It's okay though, it gives me time to get excited about and plan my trip, to leisurely compile information for one of our final reports, to catch up on my laundry-list of things to research online (who knew the GRE was changing its format come August 2011?? Not me), and to respond to emails that have been chilling out in my inbox (not helpful that everyone is in exams now - I won't get any back until I'm on the road and then they'll pile up again...). In other news, a fellow Montrealer has been staying here for the past few nights - for those of you who know Jory Cohen, he's doing an overland trip from Tanzania, through Malawi, Zimbabwe, up into Zambia and then back to Tanzania where he's pairing up with a local Tanzanian guy to start a micro-finance honey enterprise. It's nice to have a familiar face from home. I feel a little obnoxious at times playing Jewish geography and finding these random connections that probably bore the other interns and fellows listening in to our conversations, but it also links me back to what's going on at home, and instills in me a sense of comfort and interconnection. You know what that meansssssssss... you all need to come out and visit! Hahaha wishful thinking, right? We DO have a number of extra beds though, always available as long as you're cool entertaining yourself during the day somewhat. More to come soon - I'll try to post again before I take off on Sunday the 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment